Some secrets of successful photographs of jewelry
In most cases to take pictures of jewelry, its like to photograph a mirror. You can see any details that are reflected in this thing, such as a flash, a camera, a table, you can even see yourself. If you use a flash, the subject will be either too light or there will be a shadow in the picture, which will divert attention from the jewelry. What you need to do to get a photo of jewelry, a little similar to the ones we see in glossy magazines? I have recently seen a professional photo of princess cut wedding band, which has prompted in me a desire to understand all the intricacies of this type of photography. Here are some of my conclusions that I made as a result of my attempts to obtain a qualitative picture of jewelry.
The main points:
1) Shoot with high-quality macro lens
2) Put the right light (shadow-free box or ring flash)
3) Select a winning background (can be from completely invisible white to velvety-black)
4) Use special filters, which create the effect of lights, rays, etc. (or use Photoshop)
5) Use a tripod. To get good results you must have not only professionalism, but also quite good equipment. Therefore, you must first take care of a decent camera.
Jewelry demands a different approach than other subjects. Successful photographs of jewelry are obtained with a clear focus, good lighting and simple background. Emphasize the merits of jewelry!